Suggested Gift Card Disclaimers
Many businesses print some sort of disclaimer on the back of their gift cards. Here are some examples of what other businesses have done. These examples are for informational purposes only. They do not constitute legal advice and are not meant to replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in your state.
- Please treat this card like cash; if this card is lost or stolen it will not be replaced.
- Use of this gift card can be redeemed only at xxxxxxxxxxx. This card cannot be exchanged for cash, check or credit. Please treat this card like cash; if this card is lost or stolen it will not be replaced.
- Redeemable only for goods and services not exceeding the remaining credit balance on this card. Treat this card as cash; if it is lost, it will not be replaced. This card is property of the issuer.
- Treat this card as cash. It will not be replaced if lost or stolen. This card is redeemable for merchandise only. Redeemable at any xxxxxxxxxxx location.
- This card is redeemable by the bearer for merchandise or services at xxxxxxxxxx. It may not be returned or redeemed for cash. Please treat this card like cash; it is not replaceable if lost, stolen or if used without authorization. If this card is not used for a period of 18 months, a service fee of $2 per month will be deducted from the remaining balance until depleted.
- Treat this card as cash; it will not be replaced if lost or stolen. It is redeemable for merchandise only at [your company name] locations nationwide.
- Your use of this gift card constitutes acceptance of these terms:
This card may be applied toward any purchase made at any [your company name] location. It is not exchangeable for cash or replaced if lost or stolen. A fee of [$x.xx] per month will be charged after two years of non-use.
- Present at any [your company name] location for the purchase of goods or services in the United States. This card cannot be redeemed for cash (except where required by state law) or replaced if lost or stolen. If found, please return this card to any of our [your company name] locations.